grotenbees

Christian Benteke (2012-15)

190 posts in this topic

I'm really surprised by the comments today that PL has admitted that Beteke is still carrying knocks.

Why on this planet have we therefore been playing him when we could of rested him and allowed him to fully recover, and given Kozak some matchtime on the pitch.....it's not like Benteke has been almost "on form" and still scoring, he's been woeful. Also it can't be good for Benteke's head & confidence if he is playing under par due to injuries.

this to me is a real head scratcher....unless PL doesn't think Kozak is up to it which means he brough two duff strikers in the summer and not just one (Helenius)

I'm really surprised by the comments today that PL has admitted that Beteke is still carrying knocks.

Why on this planet have we therefore been playing him when we could of rested him and allowed him to fully recover, and given Kozak some matchtime on the pitch.....it's not like Benteke has been almost "on form" and still scoring, he's been woeful. Also it can't be good for Benteke's head & confidence if he is playing under par due to injuries.

this to me is a real head scratcher....unless PL doesn't think Kozak is up to it which means he brough two duff strikers in the summer and not just one (Helenius)

i thought he was just answering all the folks that have been internet bashing him in a sense to give him time and the fans not to boo him etc. benteke has said himself that he hasnt fully recovered from the hip injury.

helenius is a shame in fairness, had high hopes for him in the pre season

kozak is showing signs when brought on as a sub but i cant recall him been that good for 90mins, though ur right, benteke hasnt been up to scratch

i thought he was just answering all the folks that have been internet bashing him in a sense to give him time and the fans not to boo him etc. benteke has said himself that he hasnt fully recovered from the hip injury.

helenius is a shame in fairness, had high hopes for him in the pre season

kozak is showing signs when brought on as a sub but i cant recall him been that good for 90mins, though ur right, benteke hasnt been up to scratch

my concern is we should of rested him until back to his old self. We've gone almost 8/9 games with Benteke far from performing and therefore we should of rested him properly. The added advantage is that Kozak could of got his time he desperately needs.

ahhhh Captain Hindsight! :wow: :wow:

my concern is we should of rested him until back to his old self. We've gone almost 8/9 games with Benteke far from performing and therefore we should of rested him properly. The added advantage is that Kozak could of got his time he desperately needs.

ahhhh Captain Hindsight! :wow: :wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqkI691dxNg

lmao

my concern is we should of rested him until back to his old self. We've gone almost 8/9 games with Benteke far from performing and therefore we should of rested him properly. The added advantage is that Kozak could of got his time he desperately needs. ahhhh Captain Hindsight! :wow: :wow:
Blimey ,, everything is down to Benteke ?. All the others are playing shite ,,including kozak ,,, who if he plays 100 minutes a game will never ever be very good

It is actually all down to the sh*t style of football that mr hoof has had all his teams playing ,,past and present , No wonder CB looks pissed off

Anyone reckon we will keep hold of Big Ben this summer?

If he has a strong end to the season and a good WC then offers may be made that match our valuation of £20m+, maybe then we would sell but i still don't think we would off load him on the cheap.

i reckon hes gone. somethin tells me it was part of the reason we were able to keep him. if someone that plays champions league comes in for him its adios

i reckon hes gone. somethin tells me it was part of the reason we were able to keep him. if someone that plays champions league comes in for him its adios

on the strength of some of his performances this season we will be lucky to get 20m never mind our valuation of 25m! he is here for another season i reckon

on the strength of some of his performances this season we will be lucky to get 20m never mind our valuation of 25m! he is here for another season i reckon

the performances could be easily blamed on who he is playing with and the style of football.

dont get me wrong i would love him to stay but im not convinced

as for price tag, i would take 20m for him np provided the same money is given toward building the team plus whatever is handed to us during the summer

the performances could be easily blamed on who he is playing with and the style of football.

dont get me wrong i would love him to stay but im not convinced

as for price tag, i would take 20m for him np provided the same money is given toward building the team plus whatever is handed to us during the summer

I think he's worth more to us as a club than 20m, got years still to give and is a class player that can help us bring more players in.

I think he's worth more to us as a club than 20m, got years still to give and is a class player that can help us bring more players in.

i totally agree, but i dont think his heart is in it, i asure u i would like him to retire at villa but i think its on the cards that hes gone

keep him if you can, still a question mark over consistency to go for big money

doesnt matter what he does at villa, he will get his game at the WC and with better providers of the ball will decide his faith

Well he signed a 4 year deal before the seasons started so i reckon the power is in Villa's hand looking at it on balance!

he has a great rapport with Lambert and i think he is staying!!

Well he signed a 4 year deal before the seasons started so i reckon the power is in Villa's hand looking at it on balance!

he has a great rapport with Lambert and i think he is staying!!

Hard to resist a big money offer, prob better if he goes under the radar a bit and doesn't produce sensational form at the WC. hope he stays as there is little else to match him at villa park

It has not been confirmed by the club yet but according to serious (!) rumours Benteke will miss the rest of this season, the World Cup and probably the beginning of next season with a torn achilles tendon.

If that is true that will be a major blow with Kozak stills months away from full recovery and Gabby maybe out for the next game.

SSN have just reported that CB is having a scan tonight on an achilles problem.

It could rule him out for the rest of this Season and the World Cup too.

Just saw that he's out for at least 6 months with a ruptured achilles. So we can say goodbye to the Premier League. Well Played Lambert, Lerner, and the rest of the sorry front office garbage!

Just saw that he's out for at least 6 months with a ruptured achilles. So we can say goodbye to the Premier League. Well Played Lambert, Lerner, and the rest of the sorry front office garbage!

In other words: concentrating only on strikers, it is Lambert's and Lerner's fault that Benteke and Kozak are injured and Weimann is under-performing after showing great potential last season? No, just no!

You can criticise them and I am sure they know that some things could have been handled better and Lambert admitted that. It is all part of the learning and development process.

But blaming them for injuries is definitely taking it too far. Way too far!

In other words: concentrating only on strikers, it is Lambert's and Lerner's fault that Benteke and Kozak are injured and Weimann is under-performing after showing great potential last season? No, just no! You can criticise them and I am sure they know that some things could have been handled better and Lambert admitted that. It is all part of the learning and development process. But blaming them for injuries is definitely taking it too far. Way too far!
Surely it is lamberts fault we are left with Holt, Helanious , Bowery ,, after losing his main goalscorer ?