Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peever

Chicago 2013 North American Villa Meet Up

13 posts in this topic

Where do I even begin......

Lets start off by saying I was totally wankered (Peevered) all weekend...... I am still 2 days on sweating booze from every pore in my body....

I arrived into Chicago at 630am on Friday morning. Met up with a good mate Chris Fetters who heads up the Seattle branch of the Lions club. Got caught up with him for a couple hours at which time we were picked up by Simon Leach who heads up the Chicago Lions and picked up our own AustinVillan. First time met the guy but fitted in well...(Thank f*ck :lol: ).

Got sorted at our accomodations for the weekend and were off the pub...... 11am it opened and we arrived. By 11:01 I was 2 fisting the beers. At this point the day slowly but surely began to turn hazy...... I had some lads come up to me a couple days later and say I was now a legend at the pub as I did the rail challenge (20 taps)....and I did it in under 5 hours :drunk: I wasn't even keeping track but yahoo I guess :lol: The day progressed with plenty of beverages and Villa talk. More and more Villans from all across the continent began to turn up. California, Seattle, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago and St Louis all started to turn up and the numbers grew.

chic1_zps92bd1d8c.png

Flag I made for the weekend outside the pub we called home.

chic2_zps39c6aefe.png

Myself and Phil former head of the Toronto Lions

It was now time to go play a match of football..... And against my own better judgment I agreed to play weeks ago when asked. However, my counter parts did not let me down and most were well pissed by this point as well. It was basically the sobers v the drunks...with yours truly being the most pissed. I vaguely remember even taking the coach to the pitch......

chic4_zps063f2813.png

Not much to report on the match we lost 4-1 as I found out the next day. And I tripped up myself fell down and was seemingly unable to get back to my feet....So a pissed up Peev was politely rolled off the pitch by Simon

chic5_zps0e29db95.png

ON THE p*ss MA LORD :drunk:

Match ends and we head off to get back on the coach....Except for 1 person....Me...I went the total opposite direction and some how NO ONE noticed it.....I get a call 10 minutes later where are you? Im waiting for the bus where are you? Erm were on the bus heading back!!! f*ck sakes...lucky a straggler was still there and was able to take me back to the pub. Was good too as at this point not had a drink in nearly 3 hours and was sobering up!

chic6_zpsc471cd57.png

Sorted :hh:

I left approx. around 8pm-11pm :whistling: and at some point fell off one of the massive 1.5 foot curbs in Chicago and banged my knew up..... But I still had time to get a 12 pack of beer some tacos and make a mess all over the hostel floor before going to kip!

Up bright and early around 7am to head off to the pub for round 2 and breakfast before match kicked off at 8. Everyone was happy to see I had survived! Pub had about 50-60 Villans in total turn up and the Arse had about 75 turn up. We proceeded to spend 2 hours out signing and taking the p*ss. I cant get any vide uploaded yet as all on facebook and not youtube. But there is a good video of me tackling a bloke after Bentekes 2nd.

chic8_zps7d16b705.png

The Villa faithful swell the ranks in the pub. f*ck off Liverpool scum. Can you hear the cockneys sing nooooo nooooo :drunk:

chic9_zps15f3325e.png

Lads at New York meet up washing away the filth on the taxi

chic10_zps327c4210.png

The mighty AVFC win! f*ck off Arsenal :wank2:

At this point my mobile rang with a very pissed B6 on the other end. We spent a good few mins cheering Villa songs at each other. Talked about had wankered we were and then B6 at some point got a bunch of lads to sing "Peever is a w**ker lalalala" :wank2:

Finally the group shot after the win out back singing our faces off

chic11_zpsf4ffda49.png

Amoungst this chaos we had a raffle for Acorns going on. Raffles tickets with prizes donated by the supporters and even the club and Brad Guzan kicking in a few things. I actually won the prize of having a character named after me in Andrew Grant (Brummie living in Chicago) had written :thumbsup: We raised $1340 (about 850 quid) for Acorns! Yahhoooo!!!

Then to top it all off I got a text from my mum saying my new custom vehicle plates came in.....

plates_zpsf7eac4fc.png

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

The next 2 days were a write off with basically everyone gone by noon Sunday with only myself and AustinVillan left. We chilled....had some pints and did f*ck all. Was another great trip! Great turn out by the Villa faithful once again. Cant wait for the next gathering as I am sure they will only get bigger and better :thumbsup:

Ahhhhh, soooooooooooooo gutted to have missed out. Guess that's what I get for putting my trust in an airline name "United". LOL.

Got the email from Simon and the pics from Friday. Looked like a blast. What was the suprise from the club? Simon sent the email about some suprise Saturday morning. Wasn't gonna live up to Ian Taylor being at the pub like last time.

good pics ya big jaikey :thumbup: :drunk: ,....why was there liverpool fans there & a west brom taxi?

good pics ya big jaikey :thumbup: :drunk: ,....why was there liverpool fans there & a west brom taxi?
There was no toilets do the villa fans had to p*ss on something !

There was no toilets do the villa fans had to p*ss on something !

lol ....noticed a nice wee celtic scarf in the 2nd pic hanging on the ceiling

Really enjoyed this and a cracking read, look like it was a hell raising weekend!!!! Group shoot is massive too, didnt expect there to be that many!! Thanks Peever!!

lol looked like a great weekend, glad u all enjoyed it and a great read too, peever style :) +1

LOL. Does every meet up in Chicago have to involve pissing in public now?

Glad you all had a great weekend.

What's with the new hat? Where's the red one?

Liverpool were playing Stoke before our match. Then when we all turned up a few stayed back to watch the free entertainment.

NBC had taxi's in New York all done up for the season. On the other side of the Baggies taxi is Aston VIlla, they had Liverpool/Everton on others etc etc.

1002170_10151789580933430_419571274_n.jp

lol ....noticed a nice wee celtic scarf in the 2nd pic hanging on the ceiling

Owen of the pub is Scottish and a Celtic supporter :). Also noticed a St Pauli scarf and ment to get a pic just for you mate but forgot

LOL. Does every meet up in Chicago have to involve pissing in public now?

Glad you all had a great weekend.

What's with the new hat? Where's the red one?

I never once pissed in public! Now that being said I was well pissed in public most of the trip :lol: I took the red hat off for Stoke away last season. So since then for "travelling matches" We have 2 wins and a draw...... Think Ill keep it tucked away until further notice! That hat was AustinVillans I believe..... not sure at all why I had it on :lol:

Good work on the charity front too!!!!

Cheers! Thought he could raise a wee bit more....Considering between my mum and myself we put in $100.....But the point is we still raised a great amount!

Peever on the p*ss what a surprise :D

Its been known to happen....