Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

U21 Squad

21 posts in this topic

does anyone pay attention to the youth here as in watch the games? i read up the odd bit but the u21 league right now seems really tight with a point or 2 between alot of clubs.

to tell u the truth the main players i know about in our youth squad are out on loan lol.

but was reading there last week that a player (right back for us) broke his leg against everton and the match was nearly abandoned because of it.....

so tonight we play bolton and the odds for a flutter seem fairly matched with no out and out favourite with 1 point between both clubs (villa currently 16th bolton currently 11th)

whats ur view on our youth team if u watch it and where would u predict us by the end of the season? from looking at stats theres very rarely a draw in the youth games and alot of matches are high scoring.

no other football games are on tonite unless u wanna watch dundee v st johnstone or orlando pirates v ajax cape town lol

We have signed the 18-year-old left-back Isaac Nehemie from Southampton on a professional contract.

Welcome to the Villa, Isaac!

We have signed the 18-year-old left-back Isaac Nehemie from Southampton on a professional contract.

Welcome to the Villa, Isaac!

Where you seen that?

Fair enough, never even heard of him, and not alot of info on the internet. I trust he's the next messi.

He has had a trial during the last days, played for our U18s and sat on the bench for the U21s.

The same with Tom Leggett but I don't know if has gotten a contract as well.

Jerell Sellars looks a player.

They all do in that kit lol

Arsenal won 2-0--centre forward scored both---looks a good prospect---have been told about a kid from Coventry surname I think is Crawley who Arsenal stole from Villa with a more lucrative contract being offered---apparently has had rave reviews--and was a cut above the rest at school, played tonight and did look good!!

Arsenal won 2-0--centre forward scored both---looks a good prospect---have been told about a kid from Coventry surname I think is Crawley who Arsenal stole from Villa with a more lucrative contract being offered---apparently has had rave reviews--and was a cut above the rest at school, played tonight and did look good!!

That's young Dan Crowley, Freddy.

Villa sold him to Arsenal last year for just under a million.

He's a cracking midfielder and that sale will bite us in the bum.

They should have had more sense than to let him go. I remember him playing for Villa's U16 side when he was just twelve and even then he was impressive.

Can't even be eighteen yet.

Our loss.

They should have had more sense than to let him go. I remember him playing for Villa's U16 side when he was just twelve and even then he was impressive.

Our loss.

I think this was the kid that we went to a tribunal for to get more compensation... we didnt want to lose him, at least that was my understanding.

Who makes these decisions to let them go? Surely if Arsenal are interested, it should be an indicator that they are worth keeping.

Our loss.

I think this was the kid that we went to a tribunal for to get more compensation... we didnt want to lose him, at least that was my understanding.

Villa let him go then lodged a complaint about how much money they would get for him.

They tried to argue he should be treated as an older player because he'd played for Villa's U18s and wanted a fee set by a tribunal but it didn't wash.

Freddie,

may be a co-incidence but Dan Crowley is no relation to Dave Crowley who played down at Nuneaton Boro in the late 90s. I know he was from Coventry.

Freddie,

may be a co-incidence but Dan Crowley is no relation to Dave Crowley who played down at Nuneaton Boro in the late 90s. I know he was from Coventry.

Could well be Deano,-I remember the name Dave Crowley or was it Crawley-I,m not sure but yes he was a good player for the Boro,the surname has been a footballing name in these parts for a fair few years--incidentally their latest manager/coach walked this week!

Cheers Anne---yes our cricket captain told me about this boy---apparently he was in the same schoolboy team as his lad--and they were amazed that the Sky Blues never snapped him up!!definitely sounds like our loss

we,ve got a lad 16 currently playing for the Villa u/18,s-- the lucky lad turned up to play cricket from a morning game in his red and grey training kit,

!! Villa have extended his contract and may well take him on, i,m keeping in, and putting him right on the cricket field---lol!!!!!

Our loss.

Could well be Deano,-I remember the name Dave Crowley or was it Crawley-I,m not sure but yes he was a good player for the Boro,the surname has been a footballing name in these parts for a fair few years--incidentally their latest manager/coach walked this week!

Cheers freddy.

Dave Crowley strong tough tackler in the middle of the park.

I have lotst touch with what goes on at the Boro, although I heard Kevin Wilkin walked out last season. Must be some goings on.

Cheers freddy. Yep was Crowley, he was a hard tackling midfielder.

I have lost touch with the goings on down at the Boro. I did hear that Kevin Wilkin walked out near end of last season, must be something upsetting the managers.

I've just seen that Tom Leggett has been called up and played for Wales U19s. Surely that's great news!

Just reading on the Villa website about the under 21s, they just played Genk in a friendly and beat them 6-1 with Hepburn Murphy scoring 2 and that Sellars lad scoring 2 were these players not in the Full squad last season and begining of this one? maybe we should look to our academy I bet they are more hungry to impress?