FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

January Transfer Rumours

The Aston Villan

PLEASE PLACE ALL THE JANUARY TRANSFER RUMOURS IN THIS THREAD. ONE A DEAL LOOKS TO BE OFFICIAL THEN MAKE A NEW THREAD!

Aston Villa Football Club are said to be confident of landing Emile Heskey in the New Year.

The England international is out of contract at Wigan Athletic in the summer, and the JJB Stadium club are resigned to losing the 30-year-old despite their willingness to offer a new deal.

Tottenham Hotspur and former club Liverpool are known to be interested, but Heskey is concerned about the Londoners struggles this season whilst first team chances would be limited at Anfield.

This leaves Villa as favourites to sign Heskey, particularly as the striker made his name playing for Martin O’Neill when he started his career as a youngster at Leicester City.

wonderful Eyore fu*king Heskey in January. We need a striker who can SCORE GOALS so who do we get the most prolific striker, one who knows were the onion bag is, not even one who could bag us 10-15 a season... No we get a useless pr*ck who is more prolific at falling over on his Ar*e..so we lose an oppurtunity to sign defoe wont raise the price on Santa Cruz or Ashton (if the rumour was true on Ashton) to sign the biggest pile of Dodo Sh*t that ever managed to find himself in the England Squad...

oh im doing cartwheels tonight at seeing this load of Garbage and i hope thats all it is but i think there maybe more to it than that another Marlon Harewood on his way

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aston Villa will have to pay as much as £10million if they want to sign Wigan's Emile Heskey in January.

Martin O'Neill is reported to have failed with a deadline day bid for the player and will make a fresh attempt to lure him away from the JJB Stadium in the new year.

O'Neill is keen to be reunited with the man who helped guide Leicester to two League Cups when he was in charge of the Foxes in the 1990s, but he will face competition from Tottenham.

Wigan do not want to sell the 30-year-old, but their boss Steve Bruce admits a bumper fee could force him to cash in.

"If somebody's going to offer us £10million, for instance, in January, then I've got a decision to make," said Bruce. "There's got to be a buyer and it's got to be an offer big enough."

Heskey falls out of contract next summer.

andnow i find this 10 million for the Donkey please please someonetell me i'm having a very bad dream

would you have hesky as a squad player-is he better than harewood , i think i would have him has a squad player he is better than marlon the thing is we have no competion for places up front, but santa cruz i would break the bank for him quality mind you is he sticking to english players still VILLA TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking just this morningthat if we lost a striker for a run of games we could be in trouble.

harewood could start if gabby got injured, or even play young off Carew with Gardner or Routledge playing in a free role or down the wing respectivly. however, if carew misses a hand full of games we'd be in significantly more trouble.

Heskey isn't my favourite player ever but strikers that play with him love him as he does all the hard, rubbish, thankless work that lets them score. he'd be acceptable cover for Carew in the near future. maybe long term our aims should be a little bit higher but not being able to dangle the champions league carrot infront of a striker (yet) and not having the kind of money man city are talking about throwing away on a fifa style dream team we need to set out sights a little bit lower than Messi or Torres.

jpbanneriy6.jpg

10million... NO, NO, NO... c'mon MON, lol for that price we can get us a player who actually has QUALITY, michael owen will be on his way in jan if newcastle dont have a dramatic improvement and a change at board level, 10 mill would for sure secure him.

it seems MON likes to have 1 barking mad signing a season, Salifou first summer, Harewood 2nd summer... so far we havent had 1 this year so this looks like it could be it.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Heskey is good cover for Carew which we need, yes grab Michael Owen in january too but we are more desperite for the same type of player Carew is so Heskey would fit the bill.

Remember MON likes a big centre forward & will always prefer to play with one, there arent many of that type of player around, a few Villa fans need to bite the bullet & accept a few things & our manager's judgement

avfc.jpg
  • 1 month later...
Martin O'Neill has confirmed that he will be looking to bolster his strike force in the January transfer window.

O'Neill has relied heavily on Gabriel Agbonlahor and John Carew this season with few other options up front.

Marlon Harewood has been waiting for his chance and O'Neill also has high hopes for 17-year-old Nathan Delfouneso.

However, the Aston Villa manager accepts that he will need more competition for places for the second half of the campaign.

Emile Heskey has been linked with a move to Villa and reports on Thursday suggested that O'Neill had set his sights on Michael Owen.

Speculation about the Newcastle forward's future has increased in recent months and a number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing him in the New Year.

"We haven't got the same competitive cover up front as we have in other areas," O'Neill told The Sun.

"We have Marlon Harewood and young Nathan Delfouneso, who I think will become a really good player.

"But, without naming names, it is fair to say we are looking to see if we can bring someone in to get a bit of extra strength in that department."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_4493570,00.html

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Archived