FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Scottish Football Thread 2013/14

Peever

Haha yeah but I don't follow the SPL very closely, just check the standings every once in a while, etc.

thats good mate haha must be the similiar colours they wear with villa,.. apart from a few taking a liking on here for either celtic or rangers we have a motherwell fan(b6) hibs(rob92) & now a hearts fan lol

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats good mate haha must be the similiar colours they wear with villa,.. now a hearts fan lol

I have liked Heart of Midlothian since the 1970s, for the name and the colours, they are my second team in Scotland.

This is despite the anti-Rangers bile that has emanated from some of their support since 2012.

That HMFC had its own financial debacle was poetic justice, but in my book it is let bygones be bygones.

Next season, 2014-2015 :

1 Rangers : Promoted as Champions

2 Heart of Midlothian : Promoted via the Play-Offs (Celtic relegated). :lol:

AVFC RFC SAFC

I have liked Heart of Midlothian since the 1970s, for the name and the colours, they are my second team in Scotland.

This is despite the anti-Rangers bile that has emanated from some of their support since 2012.

That HMFC had its own financial debacle was poetic justice, but in my book it is let bygones be bygones.

Next season, 2014-2015 :

1 Rangers : Promoted as Champions

2 Heart of Midlothian : Promoted via the Play-Offs (Celtic relegated). :lol:

rangers & hearts always seemed to get on fairly well despite edinburgh being jealous of glasgow & having the second city syndrome but the stuff that has happened in the past 2 yrs can you blame anyone really

Motherwell fir the spl title next seasons !! Pmsl at Hibs , hearts I feel sorry for their fans as it was poor ownership, but Terry butcher fooked Hibs and the board never did anything about it. Been to both grounds back when they were standing, hearts was terrifying, walking down that green street alley, don't know if it's still there ?

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

In Scotland Rangers and Celtic are envied for their dominance, but that dominance is ultimately based upon their fanbases and stadium capacity. Fans of other teams resent the limits this puts on their clubs ability to win the League, but this situation has existed almost from the start of professional football in Scotland.

In England (and Wales) up until the 1990s league competition was more open. Most top clubs had simillar stadium capacities and fanbases, so success or failure was really down to the capabilities of the manager and players, determined where it should be, on the pitch.

Since the creation of the EPL the situation has gone similar to that in Scotland, but not due to fanbase and stadium capacity, but due to financial doping. Does anyone seriously think that Chelsea is a 'bigger club' than Aston Villa, or Man City is 'bigger' than Man United ?

For Rangers and Heart of Midlothian, financial doping has had serious consequences, Celtic too, but to be honest here, Celtic FC has got its financial house in order and is to be commended for that. Ironically, Hibernian FC has lived within its means too, but has cut too deep, into the bone. This is what we here fear could happen at AVFC, unless we get new ownership and investment.

AVFC RFC SAFC

Motherwell fir the spl title next seasons !! Pmsl at Hibs , hearts I feel sorry for their fans as it was poor ownership, but Terry butcher fooked Hibs and the board never did anything about it. Been to both grounds back when they were standing, hearts was terrifying, walking down that green street alley, don't know if it's still there ?

big butcher was a decent manager with motherwell & inverness tbh,...ive not been to tynecastle in yrs but if its what i think your talking about aye its still there

i always remember a story from a celtic fan from one of our forums passed through the hearts end outside of the ground & he was with his young 10 yr old daughter by the time he got to the celtic end he was covered in spit from there fans

thyere was usually always scuffles back in the day between celtic & hearts fans in edinburgh after the game

hibs,aberdeen & rangers always had quite a hardy support always game for a fight

If im honest I was surprised on how Celtic ran away with the league this past season. I always expected them to win of course but it was just strange as I thought with Rangers out the teams would be a bit more competitive.

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

In Scotland Rangers and Celtic are envied for their dominance, but that dominance is ultimately based upon their fanbases and stadium capacity. Fans of other teams resent the limits this puts on their clubs ability to win the League, but this situation has existed almost from the start of professional football in Scotland.

In England (and Wales) up until the 1990s league competition was more open. Most top clubs had simillar stadium capacities and fanbases, so success or failure was really down to the capabilities of the manager and players, determined where it should be, on the pitch.

Since the creation of the EPL the situation has gone similar to that in Scotland, but not due to fanbase and stadium capacity, but due to financial doping. Does anyone seriously think that Chelsea are a 'bigger club' than Aston Villa, or Man City are 'bigger' than Man United ?

For Rangers and Heart of Midlothian, financial doping has had serious consequences, Celtic too, but to be honest here, Celtic FC has got its financial house in order and is to be commended for that. Ironically, Hibernian FC has lived within its means too, but has cut too deep, into the bone. This is what we here fear could happen at AVFC, unless we get a new ownership and investment.

Many people do....which is wrong

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

If im honest I was surprised on how Celtic ran away with the league this past season. I always expected them to win of course but it was just strange as I thought with Rangers out the teams would be a bit more competitive.

it was quite competitive for 2nd place & 3rd place for the european slot & the relegation battle was very competitive im glad they brought back the play offs again i enjoyed the hamilton v hibs game

also we have seen the likes of kilmarnock,st mirren,aberdeen & st johnstone winning domestic silverware,i blame neil lennon for some of that though we had a terrible cup record under him & should have took our chances

Archived