FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

'harder' Concrete Ron?

avstu

I think last season, we can cut him a bit of slack being his first season in the Prem.

Near the end of last season, even though we were still conceding goals - I was more confident with him in the starting line up that we would get a result.

Scored 2 cracking goals as well.

Posted Image
@jSG50
Xbox Live: iNfAMOUS j 187

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the defence a s a whole was poor last year and maybe the fact hat vlaar was he experienced one amongst them lead to him lookin poorer than he is.

A lot of he time he was trying to cover for mistakes made by the less experienced wing backs which lead to him making some poor decisions.

I think next season we will have a stronger defence and if Ron's mistakes continue I think he'll find himself in the cold farely sharpish as I can see some of the newcomers really kicking on.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Vlaar is not as bad as some make out, he's a decent defender when paired up with a decent partner
Maybe not ,, but I can't remember any game where he was better than very ordinary , not once did I come away saying " Ron had a good game today "

funniest.gif

Maybe not ,, but I can't remember any game where he was better than very ordinary , not once did I come away saying " Ron had a good game today "

I agree and he made a fair few howlers too.

Vlaar himself admitted in a recent interview that he wasn't at all happy with his performances. As captain, the onus is on him to set an example and do his bit to plug the defence that let in 69 league goals.

Can't have a repeat of that.

2426f5x.png

i agree Ron was not top notch last season but noone really was in the early days, but it made a difference when he was out through injury, i think we had one of our worst runs without him at the back??? i am prepared to be corrected?

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived