FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

'harder' Concrete Ron?

avstu

0,,10265~11904117,00.jpg

Ron Vlaar insists Villa will see a harder Concrete Ron this season.

Skipper Vlaar says he was immensely disappointed to miss a proportion of the previous term with hamstring and calf injuries.

He's determined to come back with a bang when the new campaign begins in August.

But, regardless of the problems he encountered, Vlaar insists he's always looking to progress and improve with every game.

He can't wait for the 2013-14 term to begin now.

He said: "I'm 28 and it wasn't an easy season and it was my first season in the Premier League and at Aston Villa, but I could do better I think.

"I expect more from myself.

"When we have a new season, I think it's going to be better.

"I'm never completely satisfied with the way I play, I always look for things to improve.

"I want to be better at organising, I want to be better in personal battles, I want to win more headers, I want to make less mistakes.

"I just need to be better.

"I think with practice you can do a lot. You train like you play so it's 100 per cent every day."

Its good to see that he realizes he didn't have a great season last year and in his own words admitted he made to many mistakes but as we always say talk is cheap. He needs to back this up.

I have heard a few people state they believe he will have a better season this year. What do you think?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he improved last season with the others, he works his socks off for the club too so good luck to him. We seem to forget some of the good things he did do.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

Vlaar wasn´t great, but he has good attitude and is an able lad, he had a couple of very good games and he has a goal or two in him per season, I think it was most due to his injuries, that last season was what it was, a bit like rollercoaster ride, better towards the end of the season. But, so it was with the whole team. I like him and I believe, he can do much better. Soon we´ll see.

Its good to see that he realizes he didn't have a great season last year and in his own words admitted he made to many mistakes but as we always say talk is cheap. He needs to back this up. I have heard a few people state they believe he will have a better season this year. What do you think?
He needs to ,, or Unfortunatly he won't be a regular without a doubt

funniest.gif

Yes I fully agree Rawley. We have 4 center halves now who will all want to be playing so this could really benefit us as a club.

I dont agree with people saying they felt he did ok last season - he was given a legendary status for some reason from the start and he was certainly up there with the worst center halves in my time of following the Villa.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Yes I fully agree Rawley. We have 4 center halves now who will all want to be playing so this could really benefit us as a club. I dont agree with people saying they felt he did ok last season - he was given a legendary status for some reason from the start and he was certainly up there with the worst center halves in my time of following the Villa.
1000 per cent right ,, in my opinion he was just ok to poor .

funniest.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived