Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Antonio Luna (2013-15)

hOltENdR    105

Dont know much about him, will have a read around about him, hope he is someone in the mould of Jordi Alba, could be something special.

RonVlaar4    9

Just to let you know, he's confirmed on Twitter that he'll be wearing the number 14

Saw KEA wearing 19 today while all the other wore "their numbers" ... is he switching and taking Stan's number?

Btw his twitter account is not verified ... maybe fake ...

JustRich    97

Saw KEA wearing 19 today while all the other wore "their numbers" ... is he switching and taking Stan's number?

Btw his twitter account is not verified ... maybe fake ...

Not the most prestigious player so I doubt he will get verified tbh but he's had the account a while, its not a new one. I'm surprised we haven't retired the number 19 yet tbh. To replace petrov with el Ahmadi is a disgrace

Loyalvillan    584

from what i have heard from those who were at the 2 games in Germany Luna looked the business!

lukedaw    80

Hope he does well for Villa but i think Bennett will be Villa left back on the 17th august but i could be wrong!

After reading reports from Matt Kendrick Luna seems like a good player - taking opponents on while in attack, and solid defensively. Hope for the same in the P. League.

Anyway, has a slight resemblance to Jose Enrique IMO.

hOltENdR    105

Couple of rumours going round that he has expressed his frustrations on twitter about his situation at villa, tweets have since been deleted so I can't comment on what was said but he is taking a bashing on social media, sorry state of affairs when a young lad from another country is slated before he has really had time to settle in, so he hasn't hit the ground running, after arsenal on opening day many people would of given him a knighthood, now it's good riddance to bad rubbish? And then everyone gets protective when we are labeled fickle... Even the most experienced and highly rated players can struggle in this league at first.

Rawly1966    167
Couple of rumours going round that he has expressed his frustrations on twitter about his situation at villa, tweets have since been deleted so I can't comment on what was said but he is taking a bashing on social media, sorry state of affairs when a young lad from another country is slated before he has really had time to settle in, so he hasn't hit the ground running, after arsenal on opening day many people would of given him a knighthood, now it's good riddance to bad rubbish? And then everyone gets protective when we are labeled fickle... Even the most experienced and highly rated players can struggle in this league at first.
Stay off twitter then Mr Luna, Not heard many villa fans slating him ,, just most saying Bennett is the way forward , me included . Personally I prefer luna to Bertrand .

hOltENdR    105

Facebook and Twitter are works of the devil imo, fair few saying he is useless and needs to go in the summer etc, personally I hope he comes good, vlaar took a while to settle and he had way more football behind him at a decent level. I just feel that some people are far too quick to right players off as useless and no hopers.

RonVlaar4    9

He expressed his frustration about being side-lined but the phrasing of his comment does not allow any judgement on whether it is because Lambert doesn't favour him at the moment or simply because of a lengthy injury.

avstu    216
He expressed his frustration about being side-lined but the phrasing of his comment does not allow any judgement on whether it is because Lambert doesn't favour him at the moment or simply because of a lengthy injury.
He's not injured. He's posted plenty of pictures of himself doing activities with his family in Spain recently. I heard he was home sick. Fact is - he is very poor. Take away his beard and the goal he got against Arsenal and he wouldn't have the rep he has with some. Bennett may not be the best defender in the world but he can cross a ball. Luna for me - offers nothing.

Loyalvillan    584

He's not injured. He's posted plenty of pictures of himself doing activities with his family in Spain recently. I heard he was home sick. Fact is - he is very poor. Take away his beard and the goal he got against Arsenal and he wouldn't have the rep he has with some. Bennett may not be the best defender in the world but he can cross a ball. Luna for me - offers nothing.

I will say again that Bennett could become something very special! and now he is seemingly learning from his mistakes re-enforces my view of him!

Very good going forward and will get better, but suspect defensively but still learning! Got to be a future Left Winger for me! needs to grow a little more muscle and more experience!

I will say again that Bennett could become something very special! and now he is seemingly learning from his mistakes re-enforces my view of him!

Very good going forward and will get better, but suspect defensively but still learning! Got to be a future Left Winger for me! needs to grow a little more muscle and more experience!

Are we applying forum rule No1???

avfc85    130

I dont see the point of getting rid so quickly he was a low fee and is low wages, He deserves another season at least.