avstu

07. Leandro Bacuna

42 posts in this topic

Welcome to AVFC, Leandro. Hope you live up to the expectations !

Good interview on avfc, lad is saying all the right things....looking forward to seeing him in action.

i've seen the highlights of preseason but im curious as to how he as been performing overall thus far? anyone see the games in full?

Bacuna being #7 is really strange, thought Tonev would of got it.

Hope he surprises me, he isn't much of a goal scorer..

'Man on the match' today.

Was that the match sponsor's attempt to provide the fans with some comic relief?

Dodgy debut to say the least.

'Man on the match' today.

Was that the match sponsor's attempt to provide the fans with some comic relief?

Dodgy debut to say the least.

Please tell me you are taking the p*ss

Please tell me you are taking the p*ss

I'm not but suspect someone was. He was announced as sponsor's MOTM and the news was met with shock and laughter.

As poor as he was he's a young lad on his debut playing infront of the biggest crowd of his career I would guess the fans need to get behind him and Lambo needs to put an arm around him this week he's not the first player to have a poor debut won't be the last it's how he picks himself up from it and develops that count nothing he did cost us the game.

bacuna seems to simple minded for a rm when went to rb he looked better but first game maybe its a confidence thing i expect him to play on Wednesday

Bacuna is looking like another Lambert star buy to me! looks better and better every time i see him, was most likey the best player against Hull and i expect him to keep developing!

like him a lot and he will only get better. I think we have a new free-kick taker.

Is it possible this fella could play the number 10 role for us if we can find a suitable RB in his place?

Good, a decent player who can play a few different positions

Glad he's got another 5 years, considering the positions he's been asked to play he's done pretty well.

Have no problem offering him a new contract and you can understand why certain players are tied down to a 5 year contract nowadays instead of the more traditional 3 year deal. Where i have a slight issue is that i think the club should be wary of tying down too many players on these deals as we can't shift them if we want to, 5 years is a very long time in football and history would suggest that 5 years from now Sherwood will not be here and neither will his successor. How can a new manager create his own squad if he can't offload the one he inherits.

Hopefully Tim Sherwood will be here in 5 years time and Aston Villa's post-MON hangover will have been consigned to history, starting from this Season.

From the website today, 20/08/2015 : AVFC - Bacuna signs long-term deal

Aston Villa is delighted to announce Leandro Bacuna has signed a new five-year contract.
Bacuna, who turns 24 tomorrow, put pen to paper on the long-term deal this afternoon.

Delighted he's signed an extension, a very versatile player who Sherwood really seems to rate. But like Dorset says, 5 years? that's forever in football terms.

I like him a great deal as a player but see him as a squad member and don't see right back as his best position. He shouldn't be a starter there for us, IMO, and we need to sign another right back.

No problems with him getting a five year deal though. He's only young (24 tomorrow) and will be probably at the kind of age where he's at his peak as a player at the end of that five years. It's not an unnecessary gamble compared to giving him a three or four year deal. Where a five year deal is daft it is when you're giving a 35 year old, injury prone goal keeper one like McLeish did with Given.

I like bacuna he is a versatile player, and has been stated has been asked to play in a lot of positions. Even if he was a squad player he would be useful to have and he is only young ,so can learn more. Glad he has signed a new deal and shows we want to keep players together for the long term. My only concern is some players like weimann and gabby went off the boil when they signed new long term deals,hopefully this is not the case and they lose ambition.

So Stan apparently spotted our Leandro at B'ham Airport just casually messing about on his hover board, joking around before he departed for Holland.

Made me wonder if they can make a hover board big enough for AVFC to hover above the relegation places for the rest of the season

But back to Leandro. I hate hearing stories about players enjoying themselves when we are playing as sh*t as we are.

They deserve no fun time lol

Wow that's frustrating to see.