Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

07. Leandro Bacuna

i've seen the highlights of preseason but im curious as to how he as been performing overall thus far? anyone see the games in full?

Bacuna being #7 is really strange, thought Tonev would of got it.

Hope he surprises me, he isn't much of a goal scorer..

'Man on the match' today.

Was that the match sponsor's attempt to provide the fans with some comic relief?

Dodgy debut to say the least.

'Man on the match' today.

Was that the match sponsor's attempt to provide the fans with some comic relief?

Dodgy debut to say the least.

Please tell me you are taking the p*ss

Please tell me you are taking the p*ss

I'm not but suspect someone was. He was announced as sponsor's MOTM and the news was met with shock and laughter.

As poor as he was he's a young lad on his debut playing infront of the biggest crowd of his career I would guess the fans need to get behind him and Lambo needs to put an arm around him this week he's not the first player to have a poor debut won't be the last it's how he picks himself up from it and develops that count nothing he did cost us the game.

bacuna seems to simple minded for a rm when went to rb he looked better but first game maybe its a confidence thing i expect him to play on Wednesday

Bacuna is looking like another Lambert star buy to me! looks better and better every time i see him, was most likey the best player against Hull and i expect him to keep developing!

• Upvote 1

Glad he's got another 5 years, considering the positions he's been asked to play he's done pretty well.

Have no problem offering him a new contract and you can understand why certain players are tied down to a 5 year contract nowadays instead of the more traditional 3 year deal. Where i have a slight issue is that i think the club should be wary of tying down too many players on these deals as we can't shift them if we want to, 5 years is a very long time in football and history would suggest that 5 years from now Sherwood will not be here and neither will his successor. How can a new manager create his own squad if he can't offload the one he inherits.

Hopefully Tim Sherwood will be here in 5 years time and Aston Villa's post-MON hangover will have been consigned to history, starting from this Season.

From the website today, 20/08/2015 : AVFC - Bacuna signs long-term deal

Aston Villa is delighted to announce Leandro Bacuna has signed a new five-year contract.
Bacuna, who turns 24 tomorrow, put pen to paper on the long-term deal this afternoon.