Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Aleksandar Tonev

42 posts in this topic

Welcome to AVFC, Aleksandar. Hope you live up to the expectations !

Some information about Tonev. He can play both on the left and on the right side. In CSKA Sofia he was playing most on the right wing in a system 4-2-3-1. He can play behind the striker, too as a attacking midfielder. In recent times he has been playing as a striker for the national side and has some good games (especially against Denmark). He possess a really good speed, good dribling, can shoot from distance. Against Liverpool you saw that he tried couple of times to shoot from distance but didn't wokr. In my opinion he has to learn to pass the ball more, but maybe this was coaching desicion. I don't want to say that he is selfish.

He will need time to adapt to the speed and style of playing in the Premier League as he is not ready yet to be a starter. But he has good quailities and hope to show them soon. Back in the time he was the best winger in the Bulgarian championship. In Poland he did good, too, scored some amazing long ranged goals and he deserve to be in a team like Aston Villa. I am very happy for him.

Some information about Tonev. He can play both on the left and on the right side. In CSKA Sofia he was playing most on the right wing in a system 4-2-3-1. He can play behind the striker, too as a attacking midfielder. In recent times he has been playing as a striker for the national side and has some good games (especially against Denmark). He possess a really good speed, good dribling, can shoot from distance. Against Liverpool you saw that he tried couple of times to shoot from distance but didn't wokr. In my opinion he has to learn to pass the ball more, but maybe this was coaching desicion. I don't want to say that he is selfish.

He will need time to adapt to the speed and style of playing in the Premier League as he is not ready yet to be a starter. But he has good quailities and hope to show them soon. Back in the time he was the best winger in the Bulgarian championship. In Poland he did good, too, scored some amazing long ranged goals and he deserve to be in a team like Aston Villa. I am very happy for him.

agree with you that he will need time to adapt on the speed and style of playing in the premier League,but when he adapt,he will be great,realy looking forward seeing him in action when he complitly settle in ...i watched whole match between bulgaria and malta where he score 3 goals,there he showed his big scoring potencial,he posses great speed and shoots,but he is also a very creative player and best thing about him is that he is polyvalent, practically he can play on any position in front of the goal. and i'm sure that lambert will teach him how to pass hehehe

cheers mate,and welcome

Shoot less, a lot less, seriously......I'm talking 1-2 attempts max, and for the love of McGrath, PASS THE f**cking BALL!

villarotherham02-5799782.jpg

Paul Lambert has tipped Aleksandar Tonev to be a success at Aston Villa after being encouraged by his “pace and energy” during the early days of his claret and blue career.

The Bulgarian international winger has impressed in flashes since his summer move from Lech Poznan as he adjusts to playing in the Premier League.

Tonev forced an early save from Boaz Myhill during Monday’s draw at Albion before making way for Andi Weimann just before the hour mark.

Source: Link

really cant bare to watch him. hopefully he comes good but he needs to look up for starters, pass the ball, dont mind if he has a shot but not every time he has the ball. defensively WAKE UP!! if his talent is running and randomly shooting how hes gettin a game is beyond me

really cant bare to watch him. hopefully he comes good but he needs to look up for starters, pass the ball, dont mind if he has a shot but not every time he has the ball. defensively WAKE UP!! if his talent is running and randomly shooting how hes gettin a game is beyond me

I'm on the fence with him now. Was thinking positively, but WBA set me back. Your absolutely spot on....he has pace but cant/won't pass and shoots on sight. I'm sure one will go in eventually but how many wasted attacks will he blow before then.

I'm on the fence with him now. Was thinking positively, but WBA set me back. Your absolutely spot on....he has pace but cant/won't pass and shoots on sight. I'm sure one will go in eventually but how many wasted attacks will he blow before then.

read a stat before the wba game saying hes had 14 shots on goal and none on target. i think hes part of bentekes drought problem.

celtic are linked with tonev on loan......source; sunday post

Could be the new Alan Thompson maybe or maybe not

He couldnt lace thommo's boots mate ;)

Alan Thompson massive flop at Villa :D

Alan Thompson massive flop at Villa :D

i remember gregory signed him from bolton wanderers always thought 'be a good player for villa as he was brilliant with bolton,i dont know if he couldnt settle or not but he was a good player,great left foot tbh

Think he couldn't settle mate he had a good left foot and scored some good goals. He was good for Celtic maybe you can help tonev out in the same way lol. I think I gave Thompson the kiss of death had his name on my shirt and soon after he left lol.

paul lambert on tonev

“He’s got all the attributes there as well; speed, two feet, everything’s there for him.

“He’s probably taken longer to adjust with a lot of things.

“But he’s got all the attributes there and it’s just about trying to get that together and that’s why I’ve put him in and out.

“He’s got blistering speed, two great feet and you probably wouldn’t know what’s his strongest foot actually because of the way he can kick it with both. He’s taken long to adjust but you always know that can happen.”

paul lambert on tonev

“He’s got all the attributes there as well; speed, two feet, everything’s there for him.

“He’s probably taken longer to adjust with a lot of things.

“But he’s got all the attributes there and it’s just about trying to get that together and that’s why I’ve put him in and out.

“He’s got blistering speed, two great feet and you probably wouldn’t know what’s his strongest foot actually because of the way he can kick it with both. He’s taken long to adjust but you always know that can happen.”

Glad to hear he's got two feet. That helps a lot in football...

Glad to hear he's got two feet. That helps a lot in football...

he's injured but back in training a fellow fan went & watched the team train,and said....''he likes to shoot from anywhere'' lol,...

he's injured but back in training a fellow fan went & watched the team train,and said....''he likes to shoot from anywhere'' lol,...

Rarely hits the target, possibly get his eyes tested while yee have him up there

hmm dont know if the aberdeen player is at it as tonev plays alongside black players with both villa & celtic

also its the sun rag

6yk3ms.jpg

didnt know he could speak english lol

prob a lot of shite but if true he should never kick a ball for villa or celtic again

Well if it is true then Celtic will terminate the loan and he'll be back at Villa FFS!

SSN has just said that Tonev and Celtic FC have denied the Aberdeen player's claim.

Perhaps Tonev called him a sheep shagger ... (and it got lost in translation) ?