FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Football League

dorset lion

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is with Saunders... He inherited a mess and the form they showed during his time there wasn't THAT bad... To finish with 51 points and come second from bottom is very unlucky... Any other season they'd have been fine.

Tasty match today. Crystal Palace v Brighton first leg championship play off! Hoping Brighton do the business so can come twice next season :thumbsup:

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

Tasty match today. Crystal Palace v Brighton first leg championship play off! Hoping Brighton do the business so can come twice next season :thumbsup:
Didn't realise there was such a rivalry between these two..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Brighton v Palace is huge. It goes back to the seventies and there is real hatred between the two, despite them being quite a distance from one another.

Brighton v Palace is huge. It goes back to the seventies and there is real hatred between the two, despite them being quite a distance from one another.

Yeah I was told today so I researched it and from what I found it goes back to 1976 when both teams was in the old third division, favourites to get promoted.

Terry Venables was appointed Palace boss, while Alan Mulary was appointed Brighton boss - who already didnt get on.

The side ended up both being promoted but played each other five times that season and the rivalry was formed.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Yeah I was told today so I researched it and from what I found it goes back to 1976 when both teams was in the old third division, favourites to get promoted.

Terry Venables was appointed Palace boss, while Alan Mulary was appointed Brighton boss - who already didnt get on.

The side ended up both being promoted but played each other five times that season and the rivalry was formed.

Bout sums it all up Stu. Alot of bad blood between the 2.

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

Archived