FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Football League

dorset lion

They shot themselves in the foot by sacking McCarthy. It's not like he's a genius but sacking him without a viable replacement was a daft move, which led them to the Championship. Then they appointed a series of novice managers and it went from bad to worse. Wolves are also very poorly run. I accept that they probably had little choice but to sell their better players like Kightly, Jarvis and Fletcher but they also let Zubar and Mouyokolo leave on free transfers in January, when they had paid £2.5m each for them. If they go down to League One, someone will pick up the remaining players like Doyle, Johnson, Berra and Ebanks-Blake for a much diluted sum and they'll be in even bigger financial trouble.

Morgan and Moxey have a lot to answer for and I understand the fans' anger, if not their behaviour.

2426f5x.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar to us if you think of it, after Houllier was forced to quit to due to illness the villa board just didn't have a plan B, they tried to get Martinez yes but they didn't prepare for if he turned is down, but for some bizarre reason the board went for McLeish.

I HATE COV,

FROM RAISING OUR HOPES.... TO DESTROYING OUR CLUB = RANDY LERNER

Similar to us if you think of it, after Houllier was forced to quit to due to illness the villa board just didn't have a plan B, they tried to get Martinez yes but they didn't prepare for if he turned is down, but for some bizarre reason the board went for McLeish.

We have been badly run no doubt about that, i just hope that the cost cutting of recent years is finished and we can start to move forward again....if we can stay up.

Our current squad should be better equiped from the off next season but i still reckon a bit of experiance in there would only help.

We asked to speak to Martinez - we also spoke to many other managers - never did we offer Martinez the job so I don't see how you get that theory. IMO McLeish was always brought in to take the spotlight off the cost cutting that the board were trying to do. This way all the fans focus was on McLeish and not what we being done behind the scenes.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

IMO McLeish was always brought in to take the spotlight off the cost cutting that the board were trying to do. This way all the fans focus was on McLeish and not what we being done behind the scenes. Spot on Stu, I have always thought that.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

It's a shame, I quite like wolves, I don't see any rivalry with them at all, and I have a lot of wolves supporting mates
I also don't mind wolves and I would prefer it if they were in he prem as you can't beat a bit of rivalry, as for small Heath the only prem they should be in is the conference prem !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

These are the final day fixtures for the teams from 9th to 24th in Division 2 (Championship).

Teams with 58 points or more are mathematically safe.

finger-x.jpg for Wolves to win and stay up.

09} Charlton... +3 62 : May 4th : H Bristol C
10} Birmingham. -6 60 : May 4th : H Blackburn
11} Ipswich.... -11 60 : May 4th : A Burnley
12} Middlesbro. -7 59 : May 4th : A Sheff Wed
13} Derby...... +2 58 : May 4th : H Millwall
14} Burnley.... +0 58 : May 4th : H Ipswich
15} Blackpool.. -1 58 : May 4th : A Bolton
16} Leeds Utd.. -10 58 : May 4th : A Watford
17} Blackburn.. -7 57 : May 4th : A Birmingham
18} Huddersfld. -20 57 : May 4th : H Barnsley
19} Millwall... -10 56 : May 4th : A Derby
20} Sheff Wed.. -10 55 : May 4th : H Middlesbro