FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Football League

dorset lion

2 trips to Wembley for Bradford this season. 47k inside today....not bad really
Not bad? Bradford took 30k for a league cup final but only 19k for a play off game witch surely means more?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad? Bradford took 30k for a league cup final but only 19k for a play off game witch surely means more?

True....To be fair I thought for sure Bradford be closer to 30k of that that 47k. Then yeah 19k is pretty p*ss poor...... That being said at the time of the cup match they were outsiders for promo yes? So imagine lot of fans dropped the savings on the cup.....

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

True....To be fair I thought for sure Bradford be closer to 30k of that that 47k. Then yeah 19k is pretty p*ss poor...... That being said at the time of the cup match they were outsiders for promo yes? So imagine lot of fans dropped the savings on the cup.....

When you say the play off game means more, you are correct, but not to the day trippers who travel down. Many who couldn't care what division we will be in next season and where there for a day out so the initial interest was the cup for them leaving the rest of us to make the trip.

Of the 47k, there were more Bradford fans than Northampton fans, who had a 4 hour drive for an early afternoon kick off compared ot the hour from Northampton. The split was about 24k Bradford, 23k Northampton. For a second trip to Wembley in a matter of weeks for a 4 tier club I wouldn't say that was too bad. These trip aren't cheap either. 19k is somewhat of an understatement to our true following.

Anyhow it's been good to see you find your feet as I have to say I have keep my eye out for your results since we met and hopefully you can push on and clear out the deadwood and build a team that will see you challenging for Europe. All the best.

When you say the play off game means more, you are correct, but not to the day trippers who travel down. Many who couldn't care what division we will be in next season and where there for a day out so the initial interest was the cup for them leaving the rest of us to make the trip.

Of the 47k, there were more Bradford fans than Northampton fans, who had a 4 hour drive for an early afternoon kick off compared ot the hour from Northampton. The split was about 24k Bradford, 23k Northampton. For a second trip to Wembley in a matter of weeks for a 4 tier club I wouldn't say that was too bad. These trip aren't cheap either. 19k is somewhat of an understatement to our true following.

Anyhow it's been good to see you find your feet as I have to say I have keep my eye out for your results since we met and hopefully you can push on and clear out the deadwood and build a team that will see you challenging for Europe. All the best.

I stand corrected - I only stated what they stated on Sky Sports - wouldnt surprise me if they was wrong again.

On the whole I would say the season worked out for both teams in the long run. Lets hope its onwards and upwards. I have noticed especially on Twitter than Bradford and Aston Villa fans have mutual respect for eachother with positive comments going both ways in important fixtures this season.

What next for Bradford though? Survival next year or do you believe you can achieve more?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I think we can push on. Hanson and Wells if kept together will hold their own in league 1, and if we can get Davies and Doyle for another year then the spine of our team should be there.

The money from the cup run wasn't spent in pursuit of a playoff place like it could have been so it was banked and hopefully will be used to strengthen the team.

I hope for a mid table finish as no one in league 1 will be able to compete with a Wolves side still getting Premier League payments which alone will dwarf the combined total shared among the 24 teams in that league.

Btw we collapsed shortly after getting to wembley winning once and losing 4 times from the end of Jan to the final, yet only lost 3 times in the next 18 games after. Look how Wigan suffered two after making the final so overall losing those cup games did you no harm what so ever.

Yeah Wells and Hanson form a good partnership. And Wells stated on sky when he was interviewed after the game that he would be playing League 1 football next season when asked about his future.

So unless another League 1 side are looking at him I would say it looks optimistic for yourselves.

Mellberg_Signature.png

Wells is contracted with us until 2015, and most of his good games happen whilst he is on Sky (Arsenal, Villa (at Valley Parade, he was poor at Villa Park), 2nd leg of the play offs and the Play off final. So he seems to know how to put himself in the shop window, and anyone looking in from the outside will see 26 goals to his name.

So if he is going anywhere it will be at a price that will benefit BCFC. No one player is bigger than the team so aslong as his ego doesn't get the better of him I can see him sticking with us next season. Parkinson won't bow down to egos or players who think they should be treated differently and has not been scared of dropping him. He's doing a good job of keeping his feet on the ground.

With the manager merry go round in full flow already - surely the biggest fear would be losing Parkinson? I know he has turned down moves to clubs in the past but he has got you promoted which would of been his aim.

Could he turn down a move to a bigger club? Wolves for example?

Mellberg_Signature.png

That's my biggest worry for the close season. I'm hoping he learns from the past that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Wolves, Sheffield United are just two clubs that could tempt him, there will also be more sackings, Milwall need a manager, a team like Wigan could also need one shortly.

Sooner he puts pen to paper the happier I will be, I think the last year might just keep him here as he's on the start to obtaining legend status if he could get us back to the Championship, which is where realistically a club of our size probably see's itself.

Anyhow, once again all the best for next year.

Archived