FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

correct we defo should be taught it at school, only up north we speak it as our 1st language,i only know certain words in gaelic or can prounounce words correctly i wish i could speak it fluently...i can always remember as a child i used to watch a kids tv show called dotaman it was in gaelic i loved it im sure the old cut was half pissed

i know every word of the irish anthem in english but cant sing it in gaelic this is gonni sound stupid but i can sing it in my head in gaelic if you know what i mean just because ive heard it that many times lol

I have often had people look at me like I have three heads when I sing it in Irish - in Ireland.

2426f5x.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roll on X factor ,,, this international football is a load of boring shite

i suppose this will be next year lol  

Hahhahaha good point mate , even villa

How many people would know the words though? Shocking how few people know ours in Irish and there are plenty who don't even know it in English. Every child should be taught it in school. That's one thing the Yanks got right.

it was beaten into us as a kid. in our journal it was on the first page in irish and on the last page was in english. it was even sang before i made my holy communion lol. its one of the best anthems out there and im not saying that cause im irish. i just believe it has alot of heart and pride put into it especially when u compare it to anthems with no lyrics

newcomer.png

I have often had people look at me like I have three heads when I sing it in Irish - in Ireland.

dont get me wrong i know people scots & irish who can sing it fluently up at games/pubs,..i always remember you telling me off for wishing ireland luck by posting erin go bragh which i used to have a flag of, which you told me its eire gu brath which is the same as scots gael 'alba gu brath'

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

it was beaten into us as a kid. in our journal it was on the first page in irish and on the last page was in english. it was even sang before i made my holy communion lol. its one of the best anthems out there and im not saying that cause im irish. i just believe it has alot of heart and pride put into it especially when u compare it to anthems with no lyrics

its a great anthem because its in its native language i also love the french,german, & russian anthems,..i used to love the scottish anthem but its tarnished & i bow my head in shame when i hear it

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Yes but that's not the case any more, Sofa, and hasn't been for some time. It is great when given some welly.

2426f5x.png

• avstu unpinned this topic