Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

avstu

International Football

International Chat

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

5-0 England and I will be happy !

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

I think it'll be 5, maybe 6. I went to the home game against them and it was the dullest game I've ever seen.

1-0 England always play sh*t against lesser teams.

I also haven't watched the last couple internationals, just can't get excited for it like I used to when I was younger. I can handle being dissapointed by a villa shirt but the same doesn't apply to England we should have the greatest international team in the world but the players don't care anymore so why should we.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

It's nothing to do with them not caring, it's due to the fact that we simply don't produce many good players. We're stuck in the dark ages both tactically and the way the FA is run. St Georges Park is a step in the right direction, but only if it's used properly and even then it'll take ten years for any changes to take effect.

There's no reason why we should have the best international team in the world. No reason at all.

It's nothing to do with them not caring, it's due to the fact that we simply don't produce many good players. We're stuck in the dark ages both tactically and the way the FA is run. St Georges Park is a step in the right direction, but only if it's used properly and even then it'll take ten years for any changes to take effect. There's no reason why we should have the best international team in the world. No reason at all.
It's still to do with them not caring, are you telling me that the players we have as individuals aren't good enough to achieve more?? As a collective they don't care enough to achieve. It doesn't matter if we produce better players, until they start being proud of playing for England rather than proud of the new mansion their money has bought them nothing will change. Coollymoore was talking about it the other week, he said he was proud of playing football at a high level and was genuinely interested in football, these days you have very talented footballers who's interest in football stops with their pay cheque and their knowledge of football is very limited and they aren't actually fans of their national teams because they do t care so when they play for them it's more about bumping up their wages than representing their country

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Players of Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Holland etc are all millionaires too. It's nothing to do with how much they earn and everything to do with the fact that we don't produce any world class players. Even in the 70's and 80's when money wasn't what it is today England were still sh*t, or even worse than today.

Who in the current England team is world class? Rooney, at times... Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and Cole are all past their best... Joe Hart really isn't THAT good and the likes of Carrick, Milner, Parker, Osman, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshre are nowhere near the standard of the world's best.

Joe hart IS THAT good, Rooney could get into any team in the world bar maybe barca, chamberlain will be quality if he gets himself into a better team in the future, terry lampard are past their best but are still the current holders of the European cup. Gerard is still a top quality player, but this issue began for me before those players were past their best it was the same when all those players were in their prime.

there's a big cultural difference between those international sides you mentioned and ours, the culture in the UK is money driven and these players are used to these levels of money and the attitude is just different. Ballotelli is a dick on a pitch but I get the feeling he knows just how lucky he is to be as rich and privileged as he is. When you see other countries playing football you can see real passion and effort when England just seem to turn up and try but at that level trying is not good enough you have to do your best in every area or you may as well not be there. Domestic teams can be forgiven for sloppy play and naive youngsters etc but internationals cannot, these are players who are supposed to be at the top of their game.

How often do you here of international players from other countries pulling out of games ??

Our players don't care if they win international competitions they are more interested in their summer break. It's not just the money that's the problem it's the attitude that comes along with it.

Look around our international team and most of our players could walk into most domestic side in the world, yes we don't have THE most talented squad on the whole compared to some other teams but we're far better than our progression in competitions would suggest.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

0-7 England, easy game with no real competition. Almost feel sorry for them (San Marino), read in the paper yesterday that all their players are not paid a penny so their out for the fun of football only like the old days when football wasn't about money

VILLA........ VILLA...... VILLA.....!

So you agree that at the moment England have one potentially "world class" player? I'm glad we straightened that out.

I have no idea how often people pull out of other squads, but I bet it happens all the time. It's also laughable to suggest that most England players would walk into any domestic team. There are some England players that I wouldnt have at Villa.

England are a quarter final team. Look good against Sweden and the likes in the group stage, but always get found out against a top side. Germany in 90 and 96, Argentina in 98, Brazil in 02, Portugal in 04 and 06, Germany in 2010 and Italy in the summer. Apart from group stage wins over Germany and Argentina I've never seen England beat anyone good when it matters. That's not an attitude problem, it's an ability problem.