FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke Signs New Deal

Loyalvillan

He's a gun for hire. We have him contracted to us for a few years, if someone wants to buy out that contract for a large premium, meh, we get another gun for hire. I'm sick of hoping for loyalty.. There's no such thing in football. His goals will keep us up, his price tag will allow us to move forward.. Great business by Lambert.

Win win mate.

You can't see the eyes of the demon......'till him come callin'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacro makes a good point.....Time for us to stop talking about loyalty it does not exist unless your winning titles....and even then its only loyalty to the money being paid

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

If someone offered us 25 million, let him go,, players come and go but villa will always be there, if we tried to keep him, he would sulk under perform the following year and only be worth 5 million the following season,,, but it's about the play, if he wants to go yeap see ya,,

Sacro makes a good point.....Time for us to stop talking about loyalty it does not exist unless your winning titles....and even then its only loyalty to the money being paid

Great point. As much as it sucks, football is a business that employs mercenaries. If a player gives us two strong years (Downing had one), giving his all (Milner), its hard to complain when the big spending clubs come calling. I would only be upset if players started making lateral moves or less. It sucks when it happens, but if we're not challenging for the top 4, or winning cups, can you blame them?

We have no chance of keeping Benteke for the long haul unless we improve our league standing. If we stay up, I think we'll keep him, but the vultures will start circling if we have troubles in the league again next year. My hope is that we survive this season, and make some serious improvements this summer.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

I wouldnt blame him for leaving, what would annoy me would be if he says i am stopping to show some loyalty and then jumps ship as soon as a offer comes along ,ala Downing.

what you have to ask yourself is do you love your job that much that you would stay even if someone else offers you 25% more wages, now i like my job (mot tester) but if another garage offered me more money i would be off...it doesn't make me a bad person just want to make my family as comfy as possible for the future

the problem is we expect our best players to be as loyal as we are to the club, them days are long gone and we need to accept it!

We sell who we want, we sell who we want! were aston villa, we sell who we want!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived