FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Christian Benteke Signs New Deal

Loyalvillan

Unfortunately injuries don't get limited to one injury per player per season (although that's a damn good idea!).

whilst most teams are using pre-season to hone their team tactics and fitness we're achieving hardly any of that.

hopefully the back room staff are working their miracles so we can run out our starting XI sometime before Malaga.

Everyone says that pre-season is about fitness and preparation not scores, we've achieved not a lot of anything ON the pitch. Off the pitch PL has been shrewd.

Arsenal have scored 17 goals in their pre-season already, that's over 3 games.

I can't actually remember our last clean sheet??

It was Stoke at home i'm it was one of the most boring games i have ever watched cannot remember many others recently i agree not even in preseason we haven't had any

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We kept our heads up last year when all seemed lost at times, this season will be better..mark my words.

I really think we need to get a firm understanding that pre season is not even close to competitive football, just about fitness and a little tinkering with formations etc

i see ur point on preseason, but i watched the arsenal game yesterday as setanta here show the odd game, they looked good, alot of passing, more like barca in a sense, not using the wings and coming through the center, if thats just relaxed football and they are to be better on D-day, and we are just relaxing before we play also, we look like school boys compare to them. they arent switching ther team like we are and they are playing mostly ther full squad apart from giroud and some 16 year old was playing that looked brilliant.

i would like to mark ur words and say i hope ur right :)

newcomer.png

i see ur point on preseason, but i watched the arsenal game yesterday as setanta here show the odd game, they looked good, alot of passing, more like barca in a sense, not using the wings and coming through the center, if thats just relaxed football and they are to be better on D-day, and we are just relaxing before we play also, we look like school boys compare to them. they arent switching ther team like we are and they are playing mostly ther full squad apart from giroud and some 16 year old was playing that looked brilliant.

i would like to mark ur words and say i hope ur right :)

And that's my point...most teams are preparing...we're scrapping through pre-season on a wing and a pray having to call players up. We need our injuries gone and to play as close to the XI for 90 mins to get them jelling.

Everyone who watched the Wycombe game will know that our passing and space awareness was pretty poor, at times there were 3/4 Villa players in the same space getting in each others way.

newcomer.gif

"Look at the Holte End, listen to the Holte End"

Gary Mowbray BBC MOTD Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea 0

Saturday 15th March 2014

14186800904_ee18449a69_o.jpg

And that's my point...most teams are preparing...we're scrapping through pre-season on a wing and a pray having to call players up. We need our injuries gone and to play as close to the XI for 90 mins to get them jelling.

Everyone who watched the Wycombe game will know that our passing and space awareness was pretty poor, at times there were 3/4 Villa players in the same space getting in each others way.

now that benteke is back, im hoping we see a proper squad going out, but last year i use to shout at the screen for some of the subs that lambert made.... i seem to forget hes also learning though very good for us too, everyone makes mistakes, though on averages his second season with clubs has been alot better than the first in his history of manager, lets hope this is the same for us

newcomer.png

now that benteke is back, im hoping we see a proper squad going out, but last year i use to shout at the screen for some of the subs that lambert made.... i seem to forget hes also learning though very good for us too, everyone makes mistakes, though on averages his second season with clubs has been alot better than the first in his history of manager, lets hope this is the same for us

I don't think its PL's fault......the injuries have happened and that's just football. The Benteke "incident" was out of his control and he did well not to let it disrupt the squad.

Just don't think pre-season is going very well that's all.

newcomer.gif

Saturday 15th March 2014

I don't think its PL's fault......the injuries have happened and that's just football. The Benteke "incident" was out of his control and he did well not to let it disrupt the squad.

Just don't think pre-season is going very well that's all.

i agree with u but its him thats picking the squad and thats why i feel preseason has been a bit of a disaster, like if u think about it, weimann in the middle and then he got injured, the likes of bowery and helenius having back injuries to me states they are not warmed up properly (not fit) switching teams that have sat on the bench for 60mins plus halftime is also gonna have some stiff legs. thus creating injuries that is imo, lamberts fault

newcomer.png

I never pay much attention to pre season, especially the first few games where with all the changes it is clearly about giving players a run out. So far the injuries are only niggles, probably the sort that a player would just put up with during the season, and in a week or two we should see lambert start fielding a stronger more settled line up.

i agree with u but its him thats picking the squad and thats why i feel preseason has been a bit of a disaster, like if u think about it, weimann in the middle and then he got injured, the likes of bowery and helenius having back injuries to me states they are not warmed up properly (not fit) switching teams that have sat on the bench for 60mins plus halftime is also gonna have some stiff legs. thus creating injuries that is imo, lamberts fault

There's properly some good truth here...I must add though that the team that came on at 60 mins at Wycombe were warming up for all of half time while the others were in the dressing room.

I think Weimann got pole axed by a Wycombe player on the edge of the box and went down like a sack of spuds? That's how I remember it anyway.

Until we get our first XI back online and fit (these injuries will be holding their match fitness/alertness/awareness back when they need it the most) we won't really know........I think it's going to be too late for the first few EPL games though. I don't like to see the games getting closer to the season still using 20 players.....it does nothing for rhythm or team work. just rocks the boat to much. But right now PL doesn't have a choice since we are carrying 8 injuries.

Not me being negative.....just being realistic.

newcomer.gif

Saturday 15th March 2014

There's properly some good truth here...I must add though that the team that came on at 60 mins at Wycombe were warming up for all of half time while the others were in the dressing room.

I think Weimann got pole axed by a Wycombe player on the edge of the box and went down like a sack of spuds? That's how I remember it anyway.

Until we get our first XI back online and fit (these injuries will be holding their match fitness/alertness/awareness back when they need it the most) we won't really know........I think it's going to be too late for the first few EPL games though. I don't like to see the games getting closer to the season still using 20 players.....it does nothing for rhythm or team work. just rocks the boat to much. But right now PL doesn't have a choice since we are carrying 8 injuries.

Not me being negative.....just being realistic.

i dont think ur negative at all

i cycle 100k a week in 5 sets, when i get home and i sit down for 5mins to have a cuppa tea, the stiffness in my legs is already setting in, obviously im no professional and not even a quarter as fit as the players but it just goes to show how quick it does or can happen. the squad im banking on coming out for the rovers game will be a full squad, well thats what im hoping for, and rovers are already into ther season and i think a couple of champions league games too so it should be interesting

newcomer.png

Well spuds have not only missed out on Benteke, the Soldado move looks on the rocks, and Mr Bale could be on the move, that's what you get spuds for being your arrogant stingy selves, punching well above your weight, how's about getting more realistic and get resigning Bostock.

Archived