This weekend, Premier League football will return to Villa Park as we host Newcastle United. I have asked Newcastle fans on nufc-forum.com a few questions about the upcoming fixture:
1) How do you feel the summer transfer window has gone for you?
Very happy with it. We always like to add more quality in certain areas, like CB/CF, but I’m not complaining, as I’ll put my trust in what we have.
2) What do you think of Jack Colback crossing the Wear-Tyne divide?
Fantastic. This kid is special and will give his all for us. I’m not bothered about him playing for Sunderland. We’ve had a few from there and they’ve had a few from us. He’s a Newcastle fan anyway.
3) What are your feelings towards Alan Pardew and his continued management of the club?
This will be better answered at the end of this season, in my view. This is the time to actually really judge him, as he has his own tools for the job now, with back up, so he’s got no excuses not to have a decent season.
4) Who do you consider to be the best and worst signings so far in the Premier League this window?
After seeing Fernando for Manchester City on Sunday, he looks an absolute beast and will complement their team perfectly. I also think Chelsea’s signings in Fabregas and Costa are perfect for them.
The worst? Shane Long’s £12 million move to Southampton looks like madness to me.
5) What are your thoughts on the situation at Villa, looking on from the outside?
Villa look to me like a club that needed a manager like Lambert and stability to go with it and I’m not sure you have an owner to give you that but at least he’s better than ours.
6) Which Aston Villa player would you like to have in your Newcastle team and why?
Andi Weimann – good, solid player, quick and useful over a season.
7) Which player should Aston Villa fear this weekend and why?
Cabella: he looked very creative and explosive against the champions and nobody at Villa has seen him yet.
8) What is your match prediction?
If we start with the same mindset as the Manchester City game, I think we can come away 3-1 winners.
9) Lager or Cider?
Lager – cider is a no no.
10) Ant or Dec?
Dec – he is short, like all 5 foot 8 inches of myself.
Thanks to the members of nufc-forum.com for participating in our Opposition View for AVFC’s first home game of the 2014-2015 season.